Redlands Daily Facts – Rules and Regulations
Santa Anita Kentucky Derby Day Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions below, Santa Anita Kentucky Derby Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to California residents who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Southern California News Group, (“Sponsor”), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion, as well as immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners and may not be used without the owner’s prior written permission. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to the Terms and Conditions and/or “Official Rules”.
3. Sponsor: Southern California News Group, 625 N Grand Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92701. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and Prize Provider will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: Online Entry: During the dates of April 21, 2016 – May 1, 2016, go to dailynews.com/rewards and submit request for entry. To be eligible all entries must be received by May 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Mail-In Entry: Mail a 3.5”x5” postcard to: Reader Rewards Santa Anita Kentucky Derby Day promotion, Southern California News Group, 625 N. Grand Ave., Santa Ana, CA 92701. All postcards must include a legible first and last name, complete mailing address, daytime telephone number and email address if available. All mail entries must be postmarked by April 28, 2016.
In-Person Entry: Enter in person by visiting the offices of the Redlands Daily Facts, 605 E. Huntington Drive, Suite 100, Monrovia, CA 91016 during regular business hours, and by completing an official Entry form, and depositing it in the designated entry box. All in-person entries must be received by April 29, 2016.
Maximum of one (1) entry per subscription ID, if applicable, or household per promotion regardless of method of entry. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
5. Timing: The Sweepstakes, consisting of the Promotion defined above, begins on April 21, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on May 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
6. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received, which drawing will be held on or about 5 p.m., PST on May 2, 2016.
7. Prizes and Odds:
Santa Anita Kentucky Derby Day
One (1) winner will receive two (2) passes to The Chandelier Room and preferred parking on May 7, 2016 and five (5) runner-up winners will receive two (2) Club House tickets and preferred parking on May 7, 2016. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about 5 p.m., PST on May 2, 2016.
Six (6) people will receive prize packages. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each promotion.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winners will be notified by email address on file, on or about:
Promotion: Santa Anita Kentucky Derby Day
Winner Notification: May 2, 2016
Prize Distribution Date: May 2, 2016
Prizes will be mailed to the selected winners on the dates listed under “Prize Distribution Date”. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
All expenses relating to acceptance and use of prizes that are not explicitly listed herein as being awarded, including but not limited to parking, travel expenses and payment of taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by the Released Parties. Released parties are not responsible for damage to a prize or loss of a prize after the prize has been mailed. Released Parties assume no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events beyond their control.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness by Sponsor, Prize Provider and any of their affiliates in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
10. General Conditions: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
11. Release and Limitation of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes or acceptance, use or receipt of any prize, entrants and winners hereby waive and release, and agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Provider and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, shareholders, successors, assigns, licensors, licensees, contractors, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes/Promotion or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or any prize related activity, awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes/Promotion, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, postage-due, misdirected, unintelligible, returned, or undelivered entries or mail, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network.
12. Construction: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.